Savings CalculatorSavings Fact Sheet 1MB
Significant Savings in Realty Taxes and Drayage.
- 1. Realty Taxes: A study prepared in January 2018 by Altus Group showed a significant tax savings by locating in the CN Calgary Logistics Park rather that the City of Calgary with that financial advantage projected to increase to nearly 50% over the next decade. This doubling of tax burden is driven by the initial cost to acquire land and mill rate is higher in the urban setting.
2. Drayage: Onsite Class A warehousing reduces your drayage costs by $150/container, moving containers directly from the train to the warehouse.
Try the Calculator
Tax Burden Cut in Half
A report was prepared by Altus Group to study the difference in property and business taxes of a theoretical 500,000 sf warehouse located in The City of Calgary and CN Calgary Logistics Park in Rocky View County.
The Findings: Over the course of a ten-year period, the property located in the City of Calgary will experience total taxes of over $11.8 million, a tax burden of more than double the $5.3 million estimated for the building in the CN Calgary Logistics Park.
- No business taxes and nearly half the reality taxes vs. Calgary
- Reduced dray costs with savings up to $150 per container
- Get the lowest fuel surcharge in the industry
- Automated gates for truck turnaround times under 45 minutes
- Quick road and rail access to streamline last mile logistics
Cut your taxes: No business taxes and nearly half the reality taxes vs. locating in Calgary.
Reduced dray costs: Save up to $150 per container and lowest fuel surcharge in the industry.
Direct rail access: Largest inland gateway to Canada and connection to CN’s rail network.
Fast Road Delivery: Easy access to major roads and truck turnaround times under 45 minutes.
Key logistics services: Intermodal transloading, container yard storage, warehousing and distribution.